Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Traveling Tuesdays ~ it's a WhistleStop Tour

It's time to go a traveling~
This week I have some fabulous pictures of Chiesa del Gesù in Montepulciano.
The Church of Jesus is an austere church in a Tuscan village full of hidden gems.
The facade is deceptive... you might even miss it.
Allohra~ behind the heavy wooden doors is a magnificent example of Baroque style.
I love this copper baptismal bowl. It looks an awful lot like the work of our friend Cesare Mazzetti or maybe even his grandfather? The trompe l’oeil on the balcony seating is beautiful. Notice the peep holes? Is that to keep the sinners from the saints? Sometimes the most amazing sights are tucked away~ Let me put a plug in for Gail's Great Escapes, we are working on next year's trip now! It will include all of our favorite out of the way places.


Y'all enjoy the ride~
Sandi

6 comments:

Alexa said...

I've actually been to this church—and your pics are making me remember just how gorgeous it is. Thanks!

Stitchfork said...

Lots of hidden gems there indeed - so pretty! And notice the church monogram!
xo Cathy

Tanna said...

Yea, think I managed to post to this. Love your photos, Sandi! so beautiful.

Tanna said...

Sandi, you need to add your link to the linky thing so it will show up in our blogs, too. How cool is this?!!! ;) Thank you for introducing me. blessings ~ tanna

Anonymous said...

I 'went' to Rhodes this week.

Virginia said...

I see you've done it pour moi! :) Merci
V

Related Posts with Thumbnails