Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Salad Samplers

For the past several months, I have joined my friends at Slow Travel posting salad recipes. A group of us from all over the world have joined in making a different salad every week. We have used every imaginable ingredient to make a salad... some I'll admit were a stretch for this southern cook!
The recipes are all on my sidebar (along with ALL the recipes on this blog), but here is a list...

I missed a few salads while I was in Italy, and another while at the beach. It is hard to keep up with this cooking crowd! We agreed to allow time off for travel~ we do love our travels.

Our gang of Slow Cookers have baked from Dolce Italiano, we scooped from The Perfect Scoop, we made soups through the winter and salads through the summer.
Now we are starting a new venture... this includes using a secret ingredient each week. This will be perfect as we come into football/holiday party season. Email me if you want to join in!

Next Sunday starts the Small Bites and our secret ingredient is Shrimp! Everyone will post a different recipe~ we'll have lots of recipes to share.

Y'all stay tuned!
Sandi




2 comments:

Char said...

sounds like a great challenge - I will look forward to seeing what you come up with

Anonymous said...

The salads were great - there wasn't one of them that I would not make again! Hoe often does that happen?

Now on to the small bites . . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails