Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Tell me it isn't so!

This has been a long weekend. We got home last night just in time to catch the 'most dramatic final rose ceremony ever'. Geesh~ I'll get to that in a minute.
My sister flew in and we have been in Pensacola visiting...not a pleasure trip this time. Our dad is now much better after some pretty involved surgery. While we were there we did find time to eat at The Fish House and McGuire's Irish Pub~ I'll post on both of those later. Our hotel was right next to Duh!... of course we found time for that as well.

I have gotten so behind on blogging... sometimes life just gets in the way! I missed out on the Lentil Soup (Bill was not the least bit disappointed in that), I only posted 27 days in February, and have yet to get out my prize to Melissa at The Land of Foo but it is coming this week. I haven't had a chance to visit my bloggy friends, but I will!

As I said, we did make it back in time to watch the Bachelor. Am I the only one who is just disgusted??? I think both Melissa and DeAnna are the lucky ones. Although I am holding out that tonight Molly gives him the shaft on prime time... in the 'most dramatic final after the after the rose ceremony ever'. Melissa should have kept the ring. What a jerk!

I am glad to be home.
I'll be coming around to visit y'all,
Sandi




11 comments:

nanny said...

Amen, I hope Molly tells him to go fly a kite!!!!

Lisa Pogue said...

Some women act so desperate, I hope Molly gives him the heave ho, he deserves it. Every time this dumb show is on I tell myself, "I am not watching this anymore". This is the first one I've watched in 3 years, so I've done good, but it's time again. After tonight of course...

Barb said...

Another amen....Barb

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Nanny~ I'd love to see Molly tell him to fly a kite!
Lisa~ I say that every year...
Barb~ Amen to the choir!

Char said...

I'm so done - it seems that ABC execs take what seem to be perfectly nice people and allow them to become unreal. I'm not watching tonight as I don't care if he and Molly are happy or not. They could have allowed him to break up with Melissa privately and still had them on the show - we would have still watched and Melissa would have not been as humiliated. And Molly....girl - have some dignity.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I love McGuires...the pastromi on rye...and boxties...yum yum yum....I don't watch the Bachelor...but my high school girls keep me posted. I was shocked about the ring incident...and then they said online that he and Melissa are not together either. Humph!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Char~ Where's the dignity?
Magnolia~ I am going to post on our favorite eats in Pensacola... McGuire's is one of them.

Sally said...

Sandi - Welcome home. My best wishes to your dad for a speedy recovery. Sometimes "life" comes before reading/writing and that's just the way it is.

I don't watch TV (well..hardly at all) but my BFF watched The Bachelor and told me all about the end. She agrees with you - LOL!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I have seen many people talk about that show, but I havent watched it. Apparentley some big stuff going on?
LOVE McGuires. My kids love to watch people go into the bathroom (snicker...)The french onion soup-UmmmM!
Glad your dad is ok. God is good.
Hugs.

nancyhol said...

Hey, 27 out of 28 days is pretty darn good!

As for Bachelor, I am with all of you who are pretty disgusted about the whole thing. Of course, I was reading the messageboards where a guy named Reality Steve was predicting exactly what happened and said that the whole thing was rigged to come out the way that it did. I am not sure that I believed it was planned, but I do believe that Jason is a wimpy jerk.

I had really high hopes for him (I thought he was the first nice sensitive guy they had on the show), so I am disappointed, to say the least.

I am putting this in writing - never again will I watch that show!

Anonymous said...

Sandi, I was sorry to read about your dad's surgery, I hope things are going well now.

The tulip centerpieces really say early spring to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails